World Environment Day - June 5, 2017
Connecting With nature
The theme of this year’s UN World Environment Day is Connecting People with Nature. #NatureForAll partners are collaborating with UN Environment on a variety of activities and resources to help you explore, celebrate, and share your love of nature.
Plan Your Own Activity
Plan your own event or activity for World Environment Day, whether on your own, with family or friends, at the office, or as part of a community or school group. Here are some resources to get you started:
- The Nature Playbook: Take Action to Connect a New Generation of Canadians with Nature (for a Canadian Audience) Download English or French.
- The #NatureForAll Playbook: An Action Guide for Inspiring Love of Nature (for a global audience) Download in English, French, Spanish, or Chinese.
- The IUCN Youth Voices Curriculum Sourcebook: An international curriculum resource for teachers developed by the East-West Center in partnership with IUCN/#NatureForAll and others. Download in English, French, or Spanish.
- World Environment Day Lesson Plan: Lessons ideas for teachers, courtesy of UN Environment. Download in English, French, Spanish, or Chinese.
- Anna’s Forest: A #NatureForAll Comic that tells our story. Download in English, French, or Spanish.
Register your event on the World Environment Day web site at www.WorldEnvironmentDay.global
Check out what some #NatureForAll partners are doing on and around World Environment Day here
World's Largest Nature Database
Connect with Nature and Contribute to Science at the same time! From 1st - 12th June we are setting ourselves the challenge of building the world's largest nature reserve, and need your help.
Join us in helping build the world's largest nature database by recording the biodiversity that surrounds you. In partnership with iNaturalist - which has already helped citizens record over 4 million observation of 100,000 different species - we want to make a contribution to science for World Environment Day!
Want to learn more? Here are a few additional details for you to use:
World's Biggest Photo Album
Help to create the world’s biggest photo album. Capture your favourite spot in nature. Find your happy place–it could be a national park or a hidden gem. Even better if it includes you.
Post a photo or video and share the story of your favourite place in nature and why it matters to you by using #WorldEnvironmentDay or #WithNature. As the album grows, so does the global call for conservation.
Learn more here.